Samsung F5500 LED LED TV Review
It was replaced by the Samsung H5500
The Samsung F5500 LED TV is very good for the price. It has about the same picture quality as the F6300 or FH6030, despite only being a 60Hz TV. If you do not need motion interpolation or 3D and want Smart TV features, you should opt for this TV over those others.
- Good semi-matte finish, which reduces the number of reflections in a bright room.
- Very good picture quality for the price, both in terms of contrast and motion handling.
- No 24p playback, which could be an issue for people watching a lot of Blu-rays.
- Very narrow viewing angle. The picture quality fades when you are not in axis.
The F5500 is really good in a dimly lit room. Its blacks are deep for an LED.
The only downside of the F5500 LED TV is its narrow viewing angle. As soon as you are of axis, discoloration appears. If you need a wide viewing angle, you will be better off with the LG LN5700.
For an LED TV, its screen uniformity is good.
Even with the lights on or in view of windows, the F5500 is pretty good, with very few reflections.
Almost no reflections are visible (except for in direct light, of course) when displaying a brighter scene.
The F5500 has low motion blur for an LED TV of its price. It doesn't support 24p playback or motion interpolation, though.
The input lag is average, but most people will not notice it.
1 Component In
1 Composite In
1 Digital Audio Out (Optical)
1 Headphone Out
If you do not need a wide viewing angle or fancier features, buy this TV. The Samsung F5500 LED TV has very good picture quality both in dark and bright rooms.
Picture Mode: Movie
Color Temperature: Warm 2
Red Offset: 25
Green Offset: 25
Blue Offset: 25
Red Gain: 25
Green Gain: 25
Blue Gain: 35
All processing options turned off
Also, is the input lag difference between the F6400 and F5500 significant? I plan on buying this TV for use as my gaming TV.
2) No, it is insignificant. Make sure to set the input type to PC, though, and you will get even less lag.
1- Can you only obtain good picture quality when directly facing the center of the screen? I've been seeing a lot of complaints on this.
2- I've seen other reviews with a different input lag than this TV model, something between 27 msec and 30 msec. You guys gave it 54.2 msec. What's up with that?
2) In our review, we didn't put the TV in PC mode, which is why we had higher input lag than others.
Related questions from other pages
Have a question?
Ask your question here, or send us directly an email at email@example.com. We will help you find the best television for your own needs and budget.