Updated Feb 16, 2018
Test bench 1.2
See previous 1.1 changelog.
- Added "Truly Wireless" to the Wireless types
- Added Channel Mixing to Controls
- Soundstage overhaul: PRTF Error replaced by PRTF Accuracy, PRTF Size, and PRTF Distance. Scoring weights updated.
- Imaging overhaul: Phase Error replaced by Weighted Group Delay. A perceptual filter added to the mismatch calculations. Scoring weights updated.
- Soundstage weight reduced from 21% of the overall Sound to 20%
- Imaging weight increased from 5% of the overall Sound to 9%
- Total Harmonic Distortion weight reduced from 10% to 6%
- Added playback to Recording Quality and Noise Handling
- Moved Bluetooth type to Connectivity
- Moved Latency to Connectivity
- In Battery, replaced Auto-off by Power Saving Feature
- Added new category: Connectivity
- Added test for Bluetooth connectivity
- Added Bluetooth Version, Multi-Device Pairing, NFC and console Compatibility
- Added test for wired connectivity
- Added Connection Type and Console Compatibility for Audio and microphone
- Added test for Dock/Base Station Connectivity
- Added input/output types, Optical Input, Line In, USB Input, RCA Input and Line out
- Added test for console and PC compatibility
- Added power supply and dock charging
- Added the Gaming rating to the Mixed Usage rating
- Updated Mixed Usage, Sports/Fitness, Commute/Travel, Office, Home Theater, and Gaming ratings
- Added Microphone to Commute/Travel and Office usage ratings.
- Added Connectivity to Office, Home Theater, and Gaming usage ratings