We have currently reviewed 2 Philips headphones. They're a big brand that makes a bit of everything including headphones for casual and professional use.
Compared to other brands
- Good Sound Quality. We have yet to test Philips full lineup of headphones but the few that we have measure quite well for sound quality. They also offer a wide range of headphone types for DJs and critical listeners, which should satisfy most music tastes and preferences.
- Comfortable Designs. The headphones we've tested from Philips have been quite comfortable especially their open, over-ear models. With such a wide range of headphone types on their website, you are bound to find a fit that works for you.
- High Variety. Philips offers many different lineups for professionals and casual listeners. They have DJ headphones, open critical listening headphones, sports in-ears/earbuds and even premium well-built noise canceling on-ears.
- Expensive Lineups. Philips has many affordable headphones but they also have some lineups that feel overpriced for what they offer. Basic active features come at a premium when compared to other brands. We have yet to test some of these pricier models but comparatively, for noise cancellation and wireless features, their headphones feel a bit expensive.
Overall, Philips makes a wide variety of headphones that cover most use cases. They offer comfortable and cheap earbuds as well as pricier active noise-cancelling or professional DJ headphones. We have yet to test their full lineup but the headphones we have tested delivered a good sound quality at a decent price. However, Philips has some lineups and models that feel overpriced when compared to other brands, especially, for the number of features they provide.
Best Philips Headphones
Philips does not have a clear lineup naming strategy for most of their headphones. They tend to let the name explain what the headphones are best used for, like Professional DJ headphones or Wireless noise canceling headphones.
- Fidelio. The premium lineup from Philips that covers multiple headphone types like on-ears and over ears. They do not offer any Fidelio in-ear/earbuds yet.
Best Philips Headphones for Audio Quality
The best Philips headphones for audio quality are the SHP 9500. They have an almost unmatched sound quality to price ratio, and they're on par with some of the best and priciest headphones from other brands. They're also incredibly comfortable and lightweight for their size. If you're looking for a great pair of open, over-ear headphones for critical listening, then the SHP 9500 are a great recommendation.
Best for Mixed Usage
The Fidelio NC1 are the best-mixed usage headphones from Philips that we've tested so far. They're a well built and compact on-ear headset with decent noise cancellation. That makes them above average for commuting especially thanks to their easy to use design and portable but sturdy build. Unfortunately, they're surprisingly pricey, especially compared to similar headphones from other brands. If you have the budget and want a stylish but compact pair of portable headphones from Philips, then the Fidelio NC1 would be a good option.
Philips has a whole range of headphones geared towards casual and/or professional listeners. They deliver in the sound department with some of their budget models sounding better than more expensive headphones from other brands. They also have a vast library headphone types so you can find what fits best for you. However, they have a slightly inconsistent pricing strategy that makes some of their Fidelio headphones comparatively more expensive than better-known brands like Sennheiser and Bose for the same amount or less active features.
Check our recommendations for the best headphones under $100.