The following changes were made between July 2015 and March 2017. They are kept for reference; however, the test bench was not versioned at this time and changes were made irregularly throughout this period. For more information, see here.
See next 1.1 changelog
- Added test for temperature of TV
- Added score for 'Build Quality' of TV
- Added 'Real Scene Peak Brightness' test
- Added different window sizes and sustained brightness to 'Peak Brightness' test
- Added test for HDR peak brightness
- Added test for 'Contrast with local dimming' and 'Black uniformity with local dimming'
- Added 5% gray uniformity test to showcase vignetting and dark scene uniformity issues
- Changed 'Viewing Angle' test to measure color shift, brightness change and black level change at an angle
- Changed 'Color Gamut' test to show intermediate saturation points for tone mapping
- Added test for 'Color Volume'
- Added test for 'Image Retention'
- Added test for backlight flicker and black frame insertion
- Added 4k and HDR tests to 'Input Lag'
- Changed 'Frequency Response' and 'Total Harmonic Distortion' to be performed at 70dB, 80dB, and Max dB SPL
- Added test for Ads in smart TVs
- Complete overhaul of the scoring system. The score now also includes local dimming, judder, PC gaming components, and sound. The spread is also increased; now >7.5 is great and >6.0 is average.
- For the 0.9 test bench: the gray uniformity, bright room, and overall scores have been adjusted. They're now somewhat comparable to the 1.0 test bench reviews.
- The test results are now completely separated from the ratings, and you can create your own. See full details here.