Updated Aug 10, 2017
Test bench 1.1
See previous 1.0 changelog.
- Added new test for 'Automatic Brightness Limiter' (ABL)
- Changed peak brightness scoring curve to expand range to 4000 nit TVs
- Changed color volume to use ICtCp color space
- Changed black uniformity scoring curve to reduce scores
- Changed local dimming scoring curve to penalize poor local dimming
- Added contrast ratio with local dimming in contrast ratio score
- Added black uniformity with local dimming in black uniformity score
- Changed color accuracy scoring curve
- Changed HDR peak brightness to score 0 for SDR TVs
- Changed gradient scoring
- Changed the way Response Time is calculated to better align with perception
- Changed image flicker scoring, to penalize TVs when the flicker frequency isn't a multiple of the content frequency
- Added a test for backlight level at which PWM dimming appears
- Changed weighting of motion interpolation box (70% 30 fps interpolation, 30% 60 fps interpolation)
- Changed target frequency response from 'flat in-room' to Harman Reference Listening Room's response
- Added test for Dynamic Range Compression
- Renamed 'Low-end Cutoff' to 'Low-Frequency Extension'
- Added test for Intermodulation Distortion
- Renamed 'Total Harmonic Distortion' box to 'Distortion' (due to the addition of Intermodulation Distortion)
- Renamed 'Distortion @' to 'Weighted THD @'
- Changed Weighted THD's weighting filter
- Increased the weight of Frequency Response box from 67% to 75% of 'Sound'
- Reduced the weight of Distortion box from 33% to 25% of 'Sound'
- Added dynamic graphs
- Added 'Remote App' box with common capabilities as text fields
- Added 'Interface' box with fields such as ease of use and smoothness
- Added fields to other smart features boxes, containing things that were previously often mentioned in the box text
- Added subjective scores to five smart features boxes
- Changed the smart features score from subjective to calculated from its new sub-scores
- Reduced significance of low quality sources (480p and 720p)
- Added 'curved' as a bonus to PC monitor score
- Added 'Color Volume' to HDR scores
- Changed other usage weightings to better align with experience and feedback
- PC Monitor score of OLED TVs (LG C7, Sony A1E) reduced due to image retention
- HDR Movies score of IPS TVs (such as UJ7700 and Sony X800E) reduced significantly due to poor native contrast
- TV Shows rating of Samsung high-end TVs (MU9000, Q7F, Q9F) increased due to excellent reflection handling
- Movies and HDR movies scores of some TVs (LG SJ8500, Samsung Q7F) reduced due to poor local dimming