See previous 1.1 changelog.
See next 1.3 changelog.
- Added objective tests for 'Specular Included' reflections and 'Specular Excluded' reflections in the 'Reflections' box.
- Added new reflection photos with screen off, to allow easier comparison.
- Added new objective gradient test.
- Updated all color gamut measurements for all TVs, due to bug with gamut calculation software causing incorrect results.
- Moved 3D support to the 'Input Specifications' box due to declining availability.
- Changed scoring curve and weightings for 'Temporary Image Retention' test
- Added new 'Risk of Permanent Burn-in' test to penalize TVs susceptible to burn-in with static content.
- Added 'Color Temperature' to 'Pre-Calibration' and 'Post Calibration' tests.
- Added new stutter test to grade TVs on how smoothly they can display low frame rate content.
- Added new variable refresh rate test to support FreeSync, G-SYNC, and HDMI Forum Variable Refresh Rate.
- Added new flicker free test for those who are sensitive to flicker or want the smoothest motion.
- Added new Judder-Free 24p via Native Apps test
- Removed some rarely-used input lag tests (1080p @ 60Hz outside game mode, 4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + 8 bit HDR).
- Added new test for 4k @ 120Hz input lag and Variable Refresh Rate input lag.
- Added new supported resolutions test for 1440p @ 60Hz and 4k @ 120Hz.
- Added new test for Wi-Fi support, including frequency band (2.4GHz and/or 5GHz).
- Added new test for Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) support.
- Added new test for HDMI 2.1 full-bandwidth support.
- Improved sorting and table display of fields with multiple units (Borders, Thickness, Temperature)
- New format for settings page includes recommendations for different room brightness's, and HDR and SDR.
- Added strikethrough for HDR usage ratings on TVs which don't support HDR.
- Added 'Stutter' test to 'Movies' rating
- Added 'Permanent Burn-In Risk' to 'TV Shows', 'Sports', 'Video Games', 'HDR Video Games', and 'PC Monitor' rating
- Reduced weight of 'Curved' in 'PC Monitor' rating
- OLED TVs (LG B7, LG C7, LG E7, Sony A1E) reduced in 'Movies' and 'Video Games' ratings due to stutter with low frame rate content
- OLED TVs reduced in 'TV Shows', 'Sports', 'Video Games', 'HDR Gaming' and 'PC Monitor' ratings due to risk of permanent image retention
- Sony TVs (Z9D, X940E, X930E, X900E) increased in 'PC Monitor' ratings due to 1440p support
- Some TVs (most notably the LG SJ9500) changed 'HDR Movies' and 'HDR Gaming' ratings due to fixed 'Color Gamut' calculation