The following changes were made between February 2016 and March 2017. They're kept for reference; however, the test bench wasn't versioned at this time and changes were made irregularly throughout this period. For more information, see here.
See the 1.1 changelog next.
- Added test for headphone Breathability.
- Increased the pool of subjective evaluators from 1 to 3 people.
- Updated the weighting breakdown for Sound to better match human perception.
- Changed high-mid range from 1kHz-2.5kHz to 1kHz-2kHz.
- Changed low-treble range from 2.5kHz-5kHz to 2kHz-5kHz.
- Updated Frequency Response target to a hybrid of Harman Target Response and the Diffuse Field Response.
- Updated FR testing methodology by measuring the bass of over/on-ear headphones on five human subjects.
- Added test for Frequency Response Consistency.
- Updated THD's weighting filter.
- Divided the Wireless box (which included Latency) into two separate boxes: Wireless and Latency.
- Added Passive Playback test to Battery.
- Added Home Theater usage rating.
- Removed Studio Recording usage rating.
107 Headphones Updated So Far
We are retesting popular models first. So far, the test results for the following models have been converted to the new testing methodology. However, the text might be inconsistent with the new results.
12 Headphones Planned To Be Updated
We are also planning to retest the following products over the course of the next few weeks: